Check out this delicious gluten free muesli, super nutritious and easy to make
Note:Recommend organic ingredients where possible. Why? Well organic means no herbicides, pesticides or chemical fertilisers are used meaning your food is toxic free and grown sustainably
Makes 2 servings:
3 tblspns Sunflower kernels
3 tblspns Almonds to smash (or flaked to leave be)
½ cup Shredded (or dessicated) coconut
8 stalks Washed rhubarb stalks (discard leaves), chopped 2-3cms length
1 Apple, chapped in chunks (optional)
6 Dates, de-pipped and sliced
1 teaspn Goji berries
1 teaspn Dried cranberries
200ml can Coconut cream
1 teaspn Honey (optional)
1 cup Almond milk (or coconut milk)
Sprinkle Cacao nibs
MAKING THE CEREAL
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the sunflower kernels, pepitas and whole almonds (not flaked) on a baking tray and pop in the oven for 10 minutes to toast.
- Put the coconut (and flaked almonds, if you’re not using whole) on a separate tray and toast in over for 3 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Once ready take the whole almonds (if that’s what you chose) and – depending on your de-stress needs – either smash them one-by-one on the chopping board using a meat mallet or pressing down which a large knife until crushed.
- Combine all seeds and coconut in a bowl
MAKING THE STEW
- In a saucepan, cover the bottom with filtered water and chopped rhubarb, apple and goji berries
- Cover with lid and cook at a medium to low heat
- Stew until the rhubarb is soft and falling apart (apple can be soft chunks)
- Close to end of stew, add the dates and dried cranberries to warm through
MAKING THE COCONUT TOPPING
- Open the can of coconut cream and scoop out the hardened cream layer in a bowl
- (use the milk in smoothies or later in this recipe)
- Add honey to the coconut (optional)
- Sprinkle cinnamon to the coconut
- Give it all a good mix with a spoon until smooth consistency
- Put the nuts and coconut into two breakfast bowls
- Pour almond or coconut milk
- Add the stew on top
- Add the coconut topping
- Sprinkle the coconut topping with cinnamon and cacao nibs
If you have a favourite recipe that is super health you would love to share we would love to hear from you and we promise we will attribute the recipe to you.